This second course in the Telehealth Coordinator and Telehealth Program Manager Certification series provides the knowledge and skills necessary to support the use of Telehealth applications within a health care organization.
Central components of this course include literature reviews in various topic areas, development of templates and tools, and participation in online discussions. The online web meetings are held biweekly and are recorded for access after each session.
By the end of this course, you will be able to satisfy the following:
- Identify your responsibilities as a telehealth coordinator and the role you have in healthcare delivery
- Evaluate and establish efficient telemedicine workflows
- Draft policy and procedures to support telemedicine at your organization to include clinical workflows, privacy, security, confidentiality and reimbursement
- Identify factors that improve telepresence and evaluate the suitability of clinical spaces for use in telehealth
- Identify strategies to communicate telehealth program successes and improve program sustainability